The other Saturday I came home and found this: Tony hacking at our peach tree with a handsaw, and
Note the placement of Afton's toy on the step just beyond her reach.
Which inevitably prompts Afton to...
So here's a special thank you to my in-laws who got me a step stool for Christmas. I love it, partly because it's so much easier to maneuver than our chairs (especially the swivel chair) when I reach for stuff and partly because Tony seems to go less nutty when I use it. And, as a final note, it's no wonder why Afton prefers her dad to her mom... much more exciting activities with her dad around. :)
climb even higher.
Don't get me wrong. Afton wasn't in any grave danger (perhaps small danger, but not grave). So my only response was, "You mean to tell me that I can't get on a ladder, but our not-quite-two-year-old child can?"
After explaining to me all the many reasons why that was in fact true -- including that I myself have professed to a lack of coordination -- Tony eventually said, "I didn't think you'd be home so soon..."
7 comments:
I gave up on stools and ladders. I'm surrounded by enough people taller than me that I just ask one of them to get it for me!!
In my defense: (1) Heather has admitted on numerous occasions to have poor coordination; (2) Heather is 5-months pregnant and needs to be careful; (3) Afton was never in any danger of serious injury since even if she had fallen her landing spot was padded with lots of grass and "softer" peach tree limbs; and (4) Heather did get home much earlier than I had anticipated.
tony was right in placing the toy where he did. Kids love to climb, and putting a detractor in the way stopped her from going too far! However, I, too, would not feel real good about finding my sweet baby on a step ladder!
Audra bought me a step stool too. She got sick of reaching things for me.
this is chris by the way
I have two step stools, both made by my dad, (also vertically impaired). One step stool is placed upstairs and one downstairs. I use them always.....maybe you could someday inherit them.
Speaking of coordination, remember the times we had you jump on the trampoline? You weren't very coordinated then, but we will give you the benefit of the doubt. The trampoline does move.
I'm not quite as vertically challenged as you are, but I bought a 3 step step-ladder a few years ago and I love it! You're not going to get any serious injuries if you fall off one. They are much safer than a chair (esp. a swivel chair!). My advise, exploit his height when he is home and do whatever you want when he's not :-)
Post a Comment