Friday, February 26, 2010

And the Ultrasound Says...

It's a girl!

We're excited. Truth be told, I kind of wanted a girl. I wanted Afton to have a sister. I will admit, though, that this second girl puts me in unchartered territory: I grew up in a house full of brothers.

I also worry that Tony will be a tad overwhelmed by a house overrun by females. (Even our cat is a girl.) But he is excited too. It probably helps that Afton currently worships Tony beyond belief. She does a dance of joy every night when he comes home by running around the kitchen, smacking the cupboards at least three times.

So, there you have it. We'll get the full fledge introduction to girl #2 in July (and hopefully not any sooner).


9 comments:

garrynkim said...

You must have been made to be a girl mom. I always thought I'd make a better boy mom.

jskelly said...

Congrats! It'll be fun for Afton to have a little sister to watch over. . and no worries just talk to my mom and dad about dealing with all girls. :)

Debbie said...

Afton will love having a sister. And hand-me-downs will be a gift. I always wanted another girl to dress up with all the cute baby clothes I received for you at the baby shower. Congratulations to all.

kc and k said...

Congratulations!!! Hopefully Afton won't have too much trouble sharing her dad with a sister and realizing it's twice as fun to smack the cupboards with a partner.

gwen said...

Interesting Afton behavior! Krissy's dog, Lola, does the same thing when she comes home or when someone she likes comes to visit, so we know it's a fun sign of affection! : ) Two girls will be lots of fun!

Brianne said...

Congratulations! Hooray for more nieces!

Audra said...

First off, I'm not sure what's up with our blog becuase your post didn't update on our page. So, we just finally saw this today. It looks like we are on track for opposite gendered/same age cousins. Can't wait to see you in a few. We really are getting excited and Gibson told me the other day, "Baby Afton coming 3 weeks." I hope Afton is up to all the excitement at our house.

Felipe and Erika said...

congrats! Our girls are best of friends! They even find each other at recess at school and play together:)

Weeks said...

nAwesome! As you know my first two are girls. It has been wonderful. They are best friends and play ALL THE TIME!!! I call it great family planing! Ha ha.Don't know if you know but i am expecting again. This will make two girls and three boys! I am due in less than 4 weeks (May 6th). WOW! Good luck to you!