Last week, our local transit authority declared a free fare day. We couldn't resist. A-baby and I hopped on to go see Tony at his office.
Don't let her somber look fool you. She was stoked. In her bus exuberance she has accidently flagged down a couple buses a time or two. It has left me trying to explain to a bus driver that we are not trying to get on the bus, that my little girl just really likes them, and that she was just excited to see it.
On this ride, she alternated between yelling, "Bus!" and yelling, "Daddy!" (The people on the bus thought it was cute for the first few minutes.) Did I mention that she's waved at a couple buses enough that the drivers will honk at her in return?
So the maiden bus voyage went well. The only downside was that we had to leave "Daddy" to go back home. She sobbed. At least Tony knows that she likes him more than she likes the bus.
6 comments:
Afton does love her busses. Heather is a brave, brave soul for venturing out w/Afton on the bus. I was kind of surprised they made it to my office. I thought they'd get kicked off once Afton figured out how to pull the cord to make the bell ring to stop the bus. If they could just come up with a Bruce the Shark Finding Nemo Bus that came with free pina colada and egg nog fat boys, Afton's life would be complete.
What an adventure!! I am glad that she finally got to ride the bus. She is still adorable and amazing. Love her lots!!!
Ahhh, glad she enjoys the simple things in life :).
I think you are brave to get on a city bus for any reason--but especially with a small child! Fun adventure for her!
Our neighbor drives a school bus. I don't know him, but it is parked a few houses down every day. I think he must come home for lunch or something. Munchkin also likes buses, but trains are cooler.
When we visited last October I took the kids on TRAX to the library. They were really fascinated with the ride. We got lucky and there were some nice kids with skateboards that played with Gibson on the ride back when he got bored. My kids love buses too. Gibson likes to shout "School bus!" when we pass them. I am glad Afton finally got her chance to ride.
Post a Comment