We had a great small town 4th of July with my family in Oregon a couple weekends ago. The highlight was a barbeque courtesy of my brother Jordan who recently spent quite a while in North Carolina. Note it was not "grillin" -- we did not put burgers on a grill. Instead, Jordan did what we "Western Yankees" know as pulled pork. We ate it with baked beans and "slaw," not "coleslaw" as I was repeatedly reminded, and we topped it off with some "nana puddin" and red velvet cupcakes. It was fantstic.
In perusing our pictures, however, I realized that we didn't get a single shot of the barbeque or the fireworks, and there's only a precious few of the family. What we did take was a picture of this:
and this...

and this...

and this...

and, sweet diva of mine, this...
Could it be any more clear who rules the roost?
6 comments:
I have to say that your picture selection is fairly typical. They look similar to the pictures we have on our camera, regardless of what else was going on around us.
I have pictures of the food. But who knows when I will get them off my camera and to people. It was a great 4th. Glad everyone could come home.
Love Grandma Debbie
Love the Pebbles Flintstone 'do!
I think pictures of SBA are better then pictures of the food anyway. Maybe someday when I actually update my blog, I will put the pictures of the food mom took. We'll see you in a couple of weeks.
It looks like we were in the Same place at the same time. Sorry we missed you, but it is so hard to get together with friends when family time is so short. Maybe sometime we should get together again since we do live within driving range.
We didn't get ANY pictures, I don't think. we had a great time though! Fun to get the cousins together!
Post a Comment