Almost, that is. Afton is on the verge of crawling. (And yes I know I've been saying that for a while now, but now it's moving beyond wishful thinking.) A week ago, Afton added a new skill to her bag of tricks - getting herself up to a sitting position. Last Sunday the temperature hit above 50, so we busted out into the back yard and I caught a play-by-play.

First, the lean forward onto the knees.

Then the "psyche" -- as in "I'm going to crawl -- psyche!" It's really just a further lunge forward...

followed by the belly flail.

But wait, the reverse! It begins with the splits and encompasses some pushing backward with the arms. (I much admire the splits as I am so inflexible I cannot come with four or five inches of my toes anymore.)

Ta-dah!
Unfortunately the newfound skill has also made naptime a titch more difficult. Seriously, who would want to nap when you can sit up and play with, gee, anything really (your blankets, your pink bunny, the crib bumper, the toys hooked onto the carseat that was left next to the crib)?

Today it took the advanced child 50 minutes to give up the sitting-up routine and take her afternoon nap. You should have been here at 3:50 p.m. to see one ticked off little kiddie being laid down for the FOURTH time. Her cry spoke of utter betrayal and shattered dreams (not to mention a whole lot of fatigue). But she woke up happy, which is the best way to end any tale.
4 comments:
What fun! Thanks for sharing (yet again).
Way to go Afton!! We will see you this Thursday!!
Love Grandma Debbie
Wow she is getting so big. It is fun when they crawl. And good luck with the naps, but keep it up, naps are worth every minute
Post a Comment