Sunday, December 21, 2008

Daddy Daughter Duo

Christmas has really snuck up on us this year.  Its reminiscent of Cato sneaking up on Clouseau after which they pummel each other (*if you don't recognize this reference, do yourself a favor and watch the Pink Panther Strikes Back.) Anyway, in the mad rush to reach the Christmas finish line I have really appreciated our little sweet baby Afton.  I'm sure these feeling may momentarily dim in a few years as I am frantically trying to assemble a swing set, play house, bike, etc. for Afton on Christmas Eve.  However, I love hanging out with my little mini-me who exhibits such a genuine and enthusiastic wonderment at the world around her.   Here are a few pictures of Afton and I:

Hanging out after my Saturday morning run.  I apologize for the short shorts.  I also apologize to anyone who happens to see me running in my shorts each day.  I am looking forward to the spring when the weather warms up so I can take Afton along on my morning run in our jogging stroller.  

Here we are catching a few precious minutes of sleep before we have to get up and face the day. Afton and I have the same fuzzy hair in the mornings, though mine is darker and thicker.  I am sure that just out of the camera's view Gabby is sleeping at my feet or on top of my pelvis.

Here we are after church today.   Afton and I can't wait till we can bring treats to church like cheerios, fruit snacks, beef jerky etc.  

Merry Christmas from Afton, Heather, and I. 

5 comments:

Chris said...

Beef jerky? I'll have to try that one. I think Elsa would like it! Oh, and a jogging stroller is one of the best investments we ever made!

Sylvia said...

Whatevs, you can't bring beef jerky till your kid has like 8 teeth or something. Otherwise everyone will totally know you brought it for you!

gwen said...

Sweet pictures--sweet memories!

Tony said...

Dill, the beef jerky is for me. As are the cheerios and fruit snacks. I'll share with Afton though.

J. E. Campbell said...

I'll never forget when my children sneaked PBnJ sandwiches into church one Sunday. What a mess they made! Hope their children do it to them!

Merry Christmas - we hope to be in SLC soon after Christmas but we might end up celebrating with your family while you enjoy ours. Nasty weather.

Love, Aunt B