Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis the Season

Does anyone else feel like the month of December is just a mad dash to the 25th? I've been meaning to post these pictures for a while, but... Notwithstanding the test of endurance that the blessed month brings, we've been loving the festivities. We started the month out carrying on a tradition from Tony's family -- December 1st gifts. When Tony was growing up, each family member would get some small gift on December 1st to begin the holiday season. For our December 1st gifts, Tony got Afton and me Whitman College garb. He knows the way to my heart.

Then we decorated. Afton kept herself occupied with some plastic holly berries while I pulled out our decorations. We don't have much, and what we do have I credit to my mom and grandma. They both love the holidays and have supplied us with many ornament and decorations.

Then, the tree. (Yes, Tony was still sporting his Thanksgiving "beard" at the time this picture was taken. It's gone now.) Afton was pretty bored with everything but the lights and beads.

Never try to string beads on a tree after you've decorated, especially when you're sporting a bundle-o-joy in a baby bjorn who can reach and grab. To his credit, Tony only sighed after I broke the third glass ball ornament as I was trying to loop the beads around. :). He also tends to get nervous whenever I use a knife in the kitchen...

The finished product.

4 comments:

J. E. Campbell said...

I remember getting a spruce tree when Carrie was 3. That kept her away.

So far this year we've broken 5+ ornaments. Arrgh!

Merry Christmas from Aunt Betty

Tony said...

Afton's head in that second picture is HUGE. Its like that's all she is... just one big head. At least its a cute head.

Heather neglected to mention that she gave me two tickets to the Utah Symphony or Utah Opera performance of my choice. Great Dec. 1st gift.

Katie said...

Wow, Heather, you look great! Afton's sitting up, too. Wow...they grow up so fast. My Ellie is very interested in presents, so I had to get rid of them all. Judd seems to have absolutely no opinion of the Christmas thing...unless it's food. Oh, and btw, Afton's head--not that big, Tony! She's just right!

Momoko Photography said...

I know I'm a little behind, but Josh is a huge Trivial Pursuit Man. He loves playing with my dad or anyone period. He too remembers everything, so I think there's a game in the future for these guys to play.