I don't normally make New Year's resolutions. For the most part, I figure if I want to do something, I'll just do it. Plus, if I set a goal to do something and then don't do it, it's a double whammy: not only do I not get that something done, but I feel like I failed. Who needs that?
But for whatever reason, this year I made a number of New Year's resolutions. They were: (1) Sign up for a gym membership (at a gym with onsite child care) and go; (2) Start reading books for my monthly book club again; (3) Covet less; (4) Read all the talks from the LDS October 2010 General Conference by the April 2011 General Conference; (5) Read the the assigned chapters for the Sunday school lessons before Sunday school each week; and (6) Blog more.
I've actually done all right on the first four and about 20 percent on the fifth one. But without doubt, I haven't come close on the last one. (And I was only shooting for once a week...)
So with renewed resolution to blog more, here's a summary of the last three months:
- Ainsley learned to crawl.
- Afton got potty trained (at least with respect to the waking hours).
- Tony seems to be around more. (His Thursday night meetings have decreased and his new Sunday schedule puts him home mid-afternoon. Fantastic!)
- For the second year in a row, I took an extended vacation in March with kids but still managed to be home during the entire March Madness tournament.
- After Duke and BYU lost in the same night, Tony declared that this year's tournament was dead to him anyway.
- Ainsley has decided that Tony is pretty cool. Truth be told, she wasn't a huge Tony fan for the first few months of her life. (She'd burst into tears at least 50% of the time he tried to hold her.) Now she's all over him. This morning, she pushed me away to get to him.
- Afton's language abilities have really increased, as has her bossiness. Parenting.com says this is normal. It can actually be funny. For example: Tony and Afton were heading out the door one day on an "adventure." Tony came out of the room wearing a blue button-up shirt. Afton took one look at him and said, "No Daddy. Not that shirt! [exasperated sigh] The bear shirt! [as in, isn't it obvious?!?]" The best part: Tony changed his shirt.
And a few pictures of the crew just for fun... (Tony was about ready to leave for a church meeting and the girls mobbed him because they didn't want him to go...)
Stay tuned!
2 comments:
Yep...they sure love their daddy. Most daughters do.
They're so darned cute.
Post a Comment