Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Best Birthday Cake Ever!

When Tony asked Afton what kind of cake they should make for my birthday this year, Afton was adamant: wormcake. Afton has become a bit obsessed with this show on Nick Jr. called "Max & Ruby." (For those not familiar, it's a cartoon about a brother and sister bunny combo -- the bossy older sister, Ruby, and the mischievious but nice little brother Max.) In one of the episodes, Max switches out Ruby's beautifully decorated pink cake for a pile of mud with some wiggly worms. Yes, that's what Afton thought I should have.

So Tony bought a chocolate cake mix, chocolate frosting, and gummy worms. Then they set to work. The results were fantastic.








6 comments:

kc and k said...

That does look FANTASTIC! :)

Debbie said...

Especially loved the sprinkles!! Nice job Tony and Afton.

Sylvia said...

Well first off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!! Sorry I'm a bit behind on that one!

Second, way to slurrrrp it up, Afton! You rule! Would you like to slurp food with Audrey, Bailey and Gavin when they see you next? They are fellow master slurpers. Audrey says you are her best friend, Afton. Don't forget about Aud because she loves you!

Audra said...

I love the things that kids think we will like. The cake did look good. this is Chris by the way. I am too lazy to sign Audra out.

gwen said...

Yum! The very thought. . .Oh well, Happy Birthday!

garcias said...

What a great cake. I love Afton sucking up the worms with chocolate cake everywhere. Looks delicious!