Afton returned from her grandparents this past week with a little darker tan, a few mosquito bites, a new small owie (which she was very proud of -- it even had a bandaid), and pink pink fingernails and toenails. When the pink nail polish wore off due to a couple baths, she insisted I repaint them. Luckily I had one crusty bottle of pink nail polish in the bottom of a random drawer.
Needless to say, Afton is turning into a little girl.
As for me, I don't know what day it is, or often what time it is, but it's been a good couple weeks with Ainsley. No, no magical sleeping through the night. However, Tony has been off work this week and a great entertainer for Afton. I've napped more days than I haven't, so life is generally good. We'll see what happens come next Monday when my help disappears back to work.
Here's the latest on Ainsley. She occasionally opens her eyes during the day.
And by way of comparison, a picture of Afton about the same age. (Note that Afton has a bow in her hair primarily because she had no older sister to come and rip it off. Luckily Ainsley didn't lose any skin when Afton decided to pluck the last bow.)
5 comments:
Sounds like Afton had a good time at Grandma and Grandpa's! Gibson is almost on the countdown (if he knew how to count down) for his Grandparent time. Hooray for naps! Better stock up while you can! Ainsley is just looking cute an sweet!
I like Afton's combination swimsuit/tutu and headband outfit. We had a blast with her. Can't wait for you all to come in August. You should update your picture of Afton on the right hand side. I am glad that Afton loves nail polish. We'll have to have a spa day when Elsa, Gibson and Afton are all here.
It looks like Afton hasn't killed Ainsley yet. Maybe the transition won't be as bad.
Beautiful girls you've got. I heard a rumor about a new calling. Good luck!
Kim
What a sweet little girl. I am so sad that I missed seeing her. I hope things are going well. I love the name!
Post a Comment