Thursday, October 16, 2008

I've been tagged -- back to the glory days!

LHS class of ’96!

DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM HIGH SCHOOL? Yes.

WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? 1970 lime green/yellow Chevrolet truck (which, incidentally, my mother also drove in high school). I had to sit on a pillow to sit high enough to see over the steering wheel. It got 8 miles to the gallon. It also had a gun rack. I drove it until I melted its axel… Then I drove a red Ford Ranger with a white stripe (an ’86, I believe). It may have had a gun rack too.

WHAT WAS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT IN HIGH SCHOOL? Hm…I block these out. I know I burned my neck on a curling iron the day of prom and so it looked like I had a hickey.

WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? No.

WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? I highly doubt it.

WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? Band. I was even a drum major.

WERE YOU A NERD? Maybe. I prefer to think of myself as “academic”…just shy of being a bona fide nerd but not a really obvious one? Okay, who are we kidding? I was on the honor roll and a marching band drum major. Yes.

WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? Oh no. I have no athletic skill. I lettered in academics, band, and speech. (See supra, “WERE YOU A NERD?”)

DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED OR EXPELLED? Sorry. No. Very boring.

CAN YOU SING THE FIGHT SONG? No, but I don’t think it had words. We used the Notre Dame fight song at LHS (which I could play on the flute at one point and which I conducted frequently before football games).

WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? Mr. Howell (my band director), Mr. Sebastian (my history teacher), Mr. Cahill (my English teacher)

WHERE DID YOU SIT DURING LUNCH? On campus (or at the seminary building on occasion) but rarely in the cafeteria for whatever reason.

SCHOOL MASCOT? Tigers

DID YOU GO TO THE HOMECOMING? WITH WHO? I don’t think so…

IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT ALL AGAIN, WOULD YOU? I had fun in high school, but no. I miss driving trucks, though.

WHERE DID YOU GO ON SR. SKIP DAY? Up and down the Willamette River on a riverboat.

WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? Speech club, NHS, band. I did student government one year.

HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? Oddly enough, a couple years ago I lost the weight I started gaining in high school. (when I came back from Korea at age 23 I weighed as much as I did at the end of my pregnancy with Afton…in both cases, I gained 40% of my body weight…Nursing was an easier diet…)

WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? Sophomore year, Jessop. Junior year, Eric. Senior year I didn’t go because I qualified for state in speech (and didn’t really have a prospect for a date anyway ☺ -- easy decision). Tony was prom king at PG high. I wasn’t that cool.

WHAT CLIQUES WERE YOU IN? Does band count? I never felt all that exclusive.

O.K. I tag Tony (but I doubt he’ll do it), all my relatives and friends who check our blog.

5 comments:

J. E. Campbell said...

Too bad they didn't measure your "cool quotient". On a scale of one to ten, a thirteen.

I remember pulling in at the gas station, as a Senior, after an evening of cruising. We needed gas and had 87 cents. That bought about 3 gallons. Good memories.

Love you.

Aunt B

Sylvia said...

Why are there no pictures of Tony in his fuzzy forest green crown, pray tell?

garrynkim said...

I think this whole tag should have been filled with pictures...ah, maybe another blog, another time!

garcias said...

Hey I don't think you were a nerd. You just had many talents and besides your high school boyfriend wasn't a nerd.

Tony said...

Okay, lets not talk about Heather's high school boyfriends.